Buying guns online is both safe and easy, plus it saves you time and money. However, there are certain Federal and Local laws that must be obeyed.
Federal Firearms Laws prevent us from shipping firearms directly to you. Instead, we ship any firearm purchased on our site to a Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) Dealer in your area.
Here’s how it works:
- Make your purchase online, ensuring you are following all state and local laws. For a listing of these laws, please visit the following link: Gun Laws.
- Find an FFL dealer in your area that will accept the transfer of your firearm. Most dealers, which include sporting goods stores, pawn shops, gunsmiths and gun stores, are willing to do this for a nominal fee. If you have a dealer in mind, please enter their name and telephone number at checkout. You can find a list of dealers by zip code here.
- Ask your dealer to email us a copy of their valid and signed FFL form. Emailed copies must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. IMPORTANT: Please make sure your dealer includes your order number and name with the email. California orders also must include a CFD number. WE DO NOT SHIP TO ACADEMY SPORTS. No exceptions.
- Once we have received the FFL, we will ship your order to your dealer and you will receive a confirmation of shipment via email.
- Once your dealer receives your firearm, they will contact you and you can complete all the necessary paperwork and pick up your firearm.
- NOTE: If a product that we sell is not legal for a private citizen to own in a jurisdiction, we will not sell that product to law enforcement in that jurisdiction. No exceptions.
In the Charlotte, NC area? You can pick up your purchase up at our Retail Store. Simply select Store Pick-up under Shipping method at checkout.
Once you submit your order, we’ll process it and email you when it’s ready to be picked up.
Please note that we can sell long guns (rifles and shotguns) to out-of-state residents from most states. Handguns must be picked up in the state in which you reside. For example: a South Carolina resident can purchase a rifle or shotgun in our retail store and take it home the same day (pending the background check), but a handgun would need to be shipped to a dealer in South Carolina. Please note that a background check is still required and out-of-state concealed carry permits cannot be used in lieu of a background check.
We’ll be glad to transfer a gun you purchased from another dealer in our retail store. Please visit our Firearms Transfers Page for more information.
Antiques and Black Powder
Most of the time, antique and black powder guns can ship directly to you. We require a clear copy of your valid driver’s license or state-issued ID on file showing your age and current address prior to shipment. We will only ship to the address on the license. The package will be sent Adult Signature Required.
We cannot ship Cartridge Firing Antique or Black Powder Guns directly to residents of IL, HI, MA, MI, NJ, NY and WA and you need have an FFL dealer do the final transfer. Please check your local laws for restrictions before ordering any antique or black powder firearm.
Due to the changing nature of state laws, we reserve the right to cancel any order at our discretion.