Free Shipping on all used guns through Memorial Day Monday, May 31. Click here to shop online.
Hyatt Guns Joins Push to Encourage Gun Owners to Secure Firearms
Charlotte Gun Shop selling in-car gun safes at below wholesale cost
CHARLOTTE, NC (10/20/2020) – With the news that thousands of guns have been stolen this year out of vehicles, Hyatt Guns is kicking off an initiative to encourage gun owners to secure firearms from unauthorized use. Beginning tomorrow, the SnapSafe XL handgun safe will be on sale for just $15.
“Firearm sales have been at historic highs over the last several months and that has led criminals to expand their activities to steal unsecured guns from vehicles,” said Hyatt Guns owner Larry Hyatt. “These guns are then resold on the black market and are often used in crimes.
“As responsible gun owners we think this is unacceptable,” added Hyatt. “I want to ensure that all gun owners can lock up their firearms, so, I’m selling our most popular small gun safe at below cost to make them affordable for everyone.”
The SnapSafe XL features a durable and pry resistant 16-gauge steel construction. The included steel 1,500 steel cable secures the safe to the seat frame and allows to the safe to be easily tucked under a car seat. The foam-lined interior will accommodate most handguns. These safes are also TSA rated for securing firearms during air travel.
The promotion kicks off Wednesday, October 21 and will run until October 26 or when inventory runs out. Safes will be available at Hyatt Guns’ retail location at 3332 Wilkinson Blvd in Charlotte. Limit two per person, please, so we can allow as many people as possible to secure their firearms.
Do you live in Mecklenburg County and need a Handgun Permit?
- be a citizen, a naturalized citizen or a resident alien;
- be twenty-one (21) years of age;
- eighteen to twenty (18-20) year olds can apply for a restricted permit;
- have attained at least one month’s residency in Mecklenburg County;
- at the time of your appointment, provide a valid driver’s license or other picture ID with current address provided by the State of North Carolina.
Please note that as part of the application, You MUST submit the NOTARIZED release form to the Sheriff’s Office within five (5) business days after you have completed the online portion of the application. You may upload the notarized form to the Order Tracker. Your application process will not begin until this final step has been completed. Your submission of your purchase permit application will not be completed until you uploaded this item. We will be glad to notarize these forms for you in our retail store for a nominal fee. You can find a copy of the form by clicking here.
In addition to the per permit fee of $5, the system will charge a per transaction fee for the convenience of applying and paying for your permits online.
Just follow these easy steps on your smartphone or computer
- Visit https://mcso.permitium.com/entry
(Site is secure so your personal info is safe)
- Select the Handgun Purchase Permit section: “Click Here”
- Click on “Let’s Get Started”
You must agree to the following few questions and then you will begin the process of entering your personal Information.
- Create a password for this system so that you can follow up on your application process. You will need an email address and must create a password. (Please remember this password as no one will have access to it).
- You will then enter all of the required information. Please do not omit Social Security Number as this may delay your request.
- you will need to upload a copy of your current ID at this time, or you can choose to do this later in the follow up tracker.
- You will need to initial the bottom of page and sign the box (using your mouse)
- Click on “Next”
- Answer the questions by checking the box as it applies to you.
- There are NO COUPON CODES.
- Initial the box at the bottom
- Click on “Proceed to checkout”
- This is where you will enter your payment information.
PLEASE NOTE THE BILLING INFORMATION MUST MATCH THE CREDIT CARD OTHERWISE IT WILL NOT PROCESS THE REQUEST. Once a payment has been made – it is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Click “Confirm Payment”
- Congratulations you have completed the process of completing the online application.
- You will be notified when your permit(s) are approved and you will need to pick them up at the Mecklenburg County Sheriff office. You can find directions here. This will happen once the background check and mental background have been completed.
- Please allow 4-6 weeks for this process.
To apply for a handgun purchase permit you must fill out the application and upload a copy of your NC-State-Issued driver’s license or ID card. The address must match the address you enter on your application. Your driver’s license or ID will be checked for accuracy through DMV. Important To upload your N.C. state-issued driver’s license or ID, you can:
Take a picture or scan your N.C. State-Issued or ID and upload it on the application form via the Order Tracker: https://mcso.permitium.com/order_tracker.
Please visit the below website for further information regarding NC Firearms Laws and reciprocity:
NC Firearms Laws
At the current time, our retail store is open during our regular business hours: Monday – Friday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Saturday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.; no appointment is needed. Please abide by all state requirements including social distancing. Remember to be vigilant, be smart, be prepared, stay safe, and stay sane.
HANDGUN PERMITS – Though Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office has closed its offices due to the Stay at Home Order, handgun purchase permits can now be processed online and will be mailed once approved. You can apply for your permit online here. We want to thank Sheriff Garry McFadden for stepping up to ensure Mecklenburg County Residents can still exercise their Second Amendment rights.
That’s right, take 10% off our industry-leading selection of used guns listed both on our online store and in our retail location. Please use coupon code BF10 in your cart online to get the discount. Good only through Sunday, December 1st, so act now! Click here to shop our used gun department.
UPDATE: Due to a stay in the judge’s order, we are currently unable to accept orders for full capacity magazines from California residents. Please stay tuned for any new information. For those that took advantage of this short window of freedom, we thank you for your orders!
UPDATE: Due to a stay by the judge on his own order, we will continue to accept and process orders for California residents until 5 p.m. PDT April 5, 2019. Magazines must be in stock (marked Pick Up Today) and paid in full. We regret that we CANNOT process orders for full-capacity magazines after 5 p.m. on April 5.
Due to a recent court ruling Hyatt Guns is now shipping full capacity magazines to residents of California. Please click here to shop online.
Our retail store is open Christmas Eve + Gift Cards are available in ANY denomination